Ocilla Depot

Ocilla's Union Station, constructed around 1911, stood on 4th Street between the Ocilla Southern Railroad and the Seaboard Air Line Railway. The building no longer stands. (From: Seaboard Air Line Railway Shippers Guide, 1914. Online at Internet Archive.)

The 1912 Sanborn map above shows the Union Depot along with the Seaboard and Ocilla Southern freight depots. All three buildings and the tracks are gone. (Complete map is online at Digital Library of Georgia.)

Ocilla is a town of 3,500 in south central Georgia. The county seat of Irwin County, it lies 20 miles northeast of Tifton and 8 miles south of Fitzgerald.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home