Nunez Depot

Nunez depot

2015 photo by David W. Ray.

The former Central of Georgia depot at Nunez has been converted to a private residence. The rail line that once ran through here was built by the Bruton & Pineora Railroad or its predecessor, the Atlantic Short Line.The Central acquired the B&P in July 1900 and designated it the Oconee Division. The tracks were abandoned in 1938.

Nunez (pop. 150) is eight miles south of Swainsboro.

spacer

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home