Nacoochee Depot

Although the railroad is long gone, Nacoochee's depot survives, minus its freight room. Built sometime between 1913 and 1917, it belonged to the Gainesville & Northwestern, a 35-mile line which connected the lumber mills at Helen and Robertstown with the Southern Railway main line at Gainesville.

Nacoochee is a small community in the north Georgia mountains two miles southeast of Helen.

An older photo of the station when it was a gift shop.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home