Mitchell Depot

Rehabilitated with local and Transportation Enhancement funding in 1998-2002, the Mitchell depot stands in a pleasant park in this small Glascock County community, where it serves as a historical museum.

It was built around 1886 by the Augusta, Gibson & Sandersville Railroad (later Augusta Southern and Georgia & Florida). The rails, which connected Augusta and Tennille, have been gone since the 1930s.

A nearby mural depicts the "Mitchell Express."


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home