The narrow-gauge Elberton Air Line Railroad opened between Toccoa and Elberton in December 1878 with financial assistance from the Atlanta & Charlotte Air-Line Railway, a predecessor of Southern Railway. This depot served Southern Railway for years before it was closed by the company in the mid-20th century. Renovated for business use in the 60s or 70s, it is now occupied by a local business. The tracks are now operated by the Hartwell Railroad.
Martin, a northeast Georgia town of 378 people, is located on GA Hwy 17 between Toccoa and Lavonia.