Mansfield Depot

Mansfield's tidy and well-maintained Central of Georgia depot stands beside the Central's old Covington branch, built in 1893 by the Middle Georgia & Atlantic Railroad. Operated by the Great Walton Railroad between 1989 and 2009, the line is now abandoned.

Mansfield (pop. 418) is in Newton County about 40 miles east of Atlanta.

spacer

Mansfield depot

2015 photo by David W. Ray


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home