Jeffersonville Depot

The former Macon, Dublin & Savannah Railroad depot at Jeffersonville was constructed around 1904. It appears to have lost its freight room, perhaps during alterations made in the early 1980s.

In 1990 the building was renovated to house the local city hall and police department.

Trackside.

Roof brackets.

Jeffersonville, a city of 979 in middle Georgia, is the county seat of Twiggs County.

(Photos by Carmine Fischetti.)

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home