Jefferson Depot

The old Gainesville Midland Railroad depot at Jefferson, built in 1906, served for a time as the town library. It now houses a local business. (May 2013 photo).

Above, the depot in 1998.

Above, the former Jackson County courthouse, built in 1879, stands
near the former depot. (1998 photo).

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home