Jasper Depot

Jasper's depot, built in 1905 by the L&N Railroad, was used as a police station before it was rehabbed in the mid-90s for the Cooperative Extension Service.

The rail line is now operated by the Georgia Northeastern Railroad.

The town of Jasper, home to some 3,662 people, is the county seat of Pickens County in north Georgia.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home