Hagan Depot

Hagan depot, corner view

Hagan's depot, built around 1900, served the Seaboard Air Line Railway for a half-century or so before it was sold and moved in the mid-20th century.

It was moved to its present location in 2012 and restored in 2014.

Hagan depot, end view

The rail line through town was built by the Savannah & Western Railroad in 1890. It became the Georgia & Alabama Railway in 1896, the Seaboard Air Line Railway in 1900, the Seaboard Coast Line Railroad in 1967, the Seaboard System Railroad in 1982, and CSX in 1986. Since the 1990s, it has been operated by the Georgia Central Railway.

 

Hagan depot, side platform view

spacer

 

Plaque on side of Hagan depot

Plaque at Hagan depot.

A town of around 1,000 people, Hagan is located in Evans County just west of Claxton.

Photos by David Ray, 2015.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home