Greenville Depot

Greenville's former Central of Georgia depot, constructed in 1906, is unusual for its neoclassical styling and brick construction. In the early 20th century, the railroad more often built wooden structures of simple design with few decorative elements.

The depot is now used as a community center; the adjacent tracks were abandoned in 2007.

A town of some 900 people, Greenville is the county seat of Meriwether County in west central Georgia.

Both photos 2006.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home