Ellerslie Depot

Ellerslie's 1891 Georgia Midland Railroad depot is thought to be the only remaining depot built by that rail company. Used as a community center since it was moved away from the tracks in 1946, the little building has served that purpose longer than it functioned as a rail depot.

Transportation Enhancement funds for its rehabilitation were approved in 2002. As part of the project, the building was moved back to its original location.

Ellerslie is a small unincorporated community in southern Harris County north of Columbus.

The depot before it was rehabilitated and moved to its current location.

For more information, see the Ellerslie Depot website.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home