Crawford's ancient stone Georgia Railroad depot, built sometime around 1848, now houses the local Chamber of Commerce. The rails, which ran just to the left of the building, were abandoned in the mid-1980s.
In 2006, Georgia DOT provided $275,000 in Transportation Enhancement funds to rehabilitate the building. (For a status update see this page at the Georgia DNR Historic Preservation Division website.)
A town of some 800 population, Crawford lies in Oglethorpe County in northeast Georgia.