Covington Depot

Covington depot, south side

The Covington depot was built around 1885 by the Georgia Railroad. It is currently used as a sports bar. (4122 N. Emory St.)

Covington depot, track side

Like several other Georgia Railroad depots it has a distinctive curvature at the base of its gabled roof. (See, for example, Sparta, Crawfordville, and Conyers).

Covington, a city of 12,500, is the county seat of Newton County. It is located off Interstate 20 on the east side of metro Atlanta.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home