Cordele's Union Depot (above) constructed around 1903, no longer exists, having been torn down in 1954. The V-shaped structure stood on the west side of 8th Street at its Wall Street intersection.
The city was served by the Seaboard Air Line, Georgia Southern & Florida, and Atlanta, Birmingham and Atlantic railroads. Besides the union passenger depot, Cordele had separate freight depots for each of those railroads. All are gone, as is so much of the historical character of the downtown.
Cordele is a city of 11,500 in middle Georgia. It is the county seat and principal city of Crisp County.
1908 birds-eye view of four depots in Cordele (388K)
1938 photograph of train at Union Depot