College Park Depot

College Park's long narrow red-brick depot served the Atlanta & West Point Railroad. The tracks are still in use by A&WP successor CSX.

A pre-1900 photo of the depot. The A&WP described it as "the prettiest depot in the state...constructed of buff brick and stone, at a cost of $5,000."
(From: The Heart of the South along the line of the Atlanta & West Point RR. Atlanta: Atlanta & West Point RR and Western Railway of Alabama, 1898. Online at Internet Archive.)

The city's name came from Cox College, previously Southern Female Institute; it closed in the 1930s. (From: Atlanta: A Twentieth-Century City, Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, 1904. Online at Internet Archive here.)

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home