Canton Depot

The old Louisville & Nashville depot no longer stands in Canton; it was at Railroad Street and Marietta Street on the south side of downtown.

Rails first came to Canton in 1879 with the narrow-gauge Marietta & North Georgia Railroad, which was converted to standard gauge in 1889-90. The M&NG later became the Atlanta, Knoxville & Northern before being acquired by L&N in 1902.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home