Butler Depot

The depot at Butler was constructed by the Southwestern Railroad in 1868. Historian Wilber Caldwell notes that it burned shortly after completion, but was soon rebuilt within the largely undamaged brick walls.

The Southwestern Railroad later was merged into the Central of Georgia.

Butler, a town of 1,900 people, is the county seat of Taylor County in west central Georgia.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home