Bellville's Seaboard Air Line Railway depot, built in the late 1800s, was rehabilitated in 2000 for use as a museum and community center.
The tracks were constructed through here by the Savannah & Western Railroad, an 1888 consolidation of several roads owned or controlled by the Central of Georgia. In 1896 the line was leased to the Georgia & Alabama Railway, which was consolidated into the Seaboard in 1900. The rails now carry trains of the Georgia Central Railway.
Bellville is a town of 135 in Evans County, west of Claxton.