Austell Depot

Austell was established in the early 1880s at the junction of the Georgia Pacific Railway and the East Tennessee, Virginia & Georgia Railroad, both of which were consolidated into Southern Railway in 1894. The town was named for banker and railroad financier Alfred Austell.

The depot, designed in the American Queen Anne style popular in the 1880s, no longer stands.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home