Peachtree Station

Also called Brookwood Station, this one-time suburban stop opened in 1918. It was designed for Southern Railway by noted architect Neel Reid of Hentz, Reid and Adler. Like the city's 1930 Union Station (demolished), the building stands over the tracks. It now serves as the city's Amtrak station.

When Terminal Station was closed in 1970, its statue of Samuel Spencer was moved to a small garden overlooking the expressway here. A few years ago it was moved once again, to a plaza next to Peachtree Center.

An old postcard view from Peachtree Street.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home