|On this 1899 map the freight depot is shown on the left at the intersection of Loyd Street (now Central Avenue) and E. Alabama Street (now Underground Atlanta). The building was later extended to the east, where its platform is shown here. Today its eastern end abuts the Washington Street viaduct, a span over the railroad tracks which opened in 1906.
All of the buildings shown on the map other than the freight depot are long gone. The roundhouse site is now a parking lot behind a state office building. Washington Street passes over the former Keileys Coal Yard, and a plaza and a parking lot are now where Waverly Place once existed.
From: Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, Digital Library of Georgia.