|On this 1892 map, Union Station is the arched-roof structure at bottom right, labeled no. 7; just below it is the Georgia Railroad freight depot. About four blocks up the tracks and just above the Forsyth Street bridge is the Western & Atlantic freight depot and roundhouse. To the left of that complex and at the point where Mitchell Street meets the tracks is the Central of Georgia freight depot, formerly the Macon & Western freight depot.
A block to the west and across the branching tracks is the East Tennessee, Virginia & Georgia (ETV&G) passenger depot. It stood on Mitchell Street between Elliott Street and the tracks.
At lower left, between Peters Street and the tracks, is the freight depot of the ETV&G, soon to be incorporated into Southern Railway. (For photos of this depot during its final years, see Return to Atlanta.)
The Georgia Pacific Railway depot was several blocks north, up Elliott Street and the tracks past the ETV&G passenger depot. It is shown on this map.
Source: Koch, Augustus. Bird's eye view of Atlanta, Fulton Co., State capital, Georgia. Drawn by Aug. Koch. Hughes Litho. Co.. Map. Saunders and Kline, c1892. From Library of Congress Geography and Map Division. American Memory. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 122. http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3924a.pm001220.