Arlington Depot

Built in 1898, Arlington's union depot served the Central of Georgia and the Georgia, Florida, and Alabama Railway (later Seaboard Air Line Railway). Today the rail lines are operated by the Hilton & Albany Railroad and the Georgia Southwestern Railroad.

Federal Transportation Enhancement funds have helped the city rehabilitate the depot for reuse. Once the work is complete, the building will house a community meeting room, museum, and the local police department.

The depot in 1993.

Arlington Depot 2015, north and east sides

North and east sides of the depot in early 2015. (Photo by David W. Ray)

spacer

Arlington depot in 2015 with train approaching

A train approaches the depot in early 2015. (Photo by David W. Ray)

 

Arlington is a town of 1400 in Calhoun County in southwest Georgia.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home