The depot at Adairsville, built around 1891, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It forms the centerpiece of the restored Bartow County town where, in 1862, the locomotive Texas began its chase of the General.
The railroad here was constructed before the Civil War by Georgia's state government. Named the Western & Atlantic, it was built to provide a rail connection from the state's coast to the Tennessee River valley.
In 1890 the line was leased to the Nashville Chattanooga & St. Louis Railway. It is currently operated by CSX.
More info on the depot from roadsidegeorgia.com.