Acworth Depot

Acworth's depot is still stands downtown, but in two pieces and about three blocks from its original site. Once the railroad decided it had to go, it was sold, cut in half, and moved to a lot behind a gas station, where it currently stands unused.

The line running through town was built by the Western & Atlantic Railroad. Leased to the Nashville Chattanooga & St. Louis Railway in 1890, it is currently operated by CSX.

(Both photos 2004)

Civil War period sketch of the depot.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home